Fanciful attendees of the May 7 Mad Hatter Affair, MHS's annual gala.
And find out why you’ve got to mark your calendars to join us next year for our annual gala on Kentucky Derby day.
Now online, 125 alluring photos of attendees at the recent Mad Hatter Affair at the Woodlands in Falmouth. Gorgeous outfits and some stunning head-wear! (Not to mention table decorations, auction items, etc, etc.)
To access the photo gallery, go to reneminnisphoto.com, then:
- Client Galleries Login
- Client Portrait Galleries
- Maine Historical Society
- Password: mad hatter
A few lucky folks also made the “Scene and Heard” section in the Maine Sunday Telegram. Find out who!
Mark your calendar for May 7 and get thee to a millinery (that’s old-fashioned lingo for hat store)… it’s time for Maine Historical Society’s annual show-stopping (or is that show-topping) event–the Mad Hatter Affair!
This year’s theme is “Triple Crown” to tie in the fun and festive focus on headwear with the annual viewing of the Kentucky Derby. Here are a slew of colorful and decorative images from the 2010 gala to inspire your creativity.
Our biggest fundraiser of the year, the annual gala is held at The Woodlands in Falmouth and features:
- delightful cocktails,
- a delectable dinner,
- a silent auction (with fabulous items like a Jackson Hole condominium, a private gallery tour at the MFA in Boston, dinner for two at the Black Point Inn, a sailing adventure, a schooner trip, overnight stays, one-of-a-kind gifts, and much, much more),
- dancing to the lively Jim Ciampi Band,
- watching the Kentucky Derby live from Churchill Downs,
- and–yes–a “Triple Crown Hat Contest” with prizes for Best Male, Best Female, and Most Historical Hat.
What could you possibly have to do that weekend that could be more fun than that?!
Now, for the finer details: Tickets are $100 for individuals or $175/patron (which will get your name in print on the evening program). Or, get your friends together and purchase a table of 10 for $750. Corporate sponsorship are available for $2,500. For more information, visit the MHS Mad Hatter page. Or contact event organizer Elizabeth Nash for tickets at email@example.com or 774-1822 x206.
We hope to see you there!